The Spirit Shop

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Magical Powers of Candles & Prayers

Last month I wrote the following article for my June newsletter. I thought candles and prayers, sometimes called spells, was an interesting topic that could be put to use by anyone who would like to make positive changes in different area's of their lives and even others. Then I thought what a great idea to bring this topic to my weekly radio show "Journey Into The Paranormal".

I learned about the magic of candles and the meaning of the colors when I was about fourteen years old. Many years ago I owned a new age metaphysical shop and sold everything one needed to conduct a candle prayer and so much more. So I have seen and experienced this first hand and it works well and can help with many things such as healing or getting a job. I highly recommend that you also listen to the archive of the radio show I did on the subject in which I go into even more detail on how to properly bless candles and so much more.
__________________________________________________________
June 2009 Newsletter

Candle burning goes as far back as the ancient Egyptians. They were not used by the Egyptians just for light, they also used them in forms of prayer and ritual. From ancient times all the way up to the present time candles are widely used in the practice of prayer and ritual. When you go into a church there are candles burning on the alter and it is certainly not because the priest needs some light. We see candles at weddings when they are lit to ensure a long happy marriage. They are even burned at funerals in honor of the dead. Candles have a special energy and power to them, a power that many are not aware of.

People light candles for prayer and that is OK. Some think when a candle is lit to help bring a little love into your life then it is considered spell casting and therefore evil or even black magic. Well that is not at all the case. A spell is simply an intention that is put out into the universe. Whether it be a simple prayer at bed time or lighting a candle at church for your sick Aunt Edith, it is still a spell. Even though your own thoughts can create your own future, candles bring more of a charge to that intent. This is why it is important to always project positive energy and positive thoughts, it affects our energy and our lives. The same goes for burning candles for a specific intent. The intent should always be positive.

People burn candles in the room just to bring a nice change to the atmosphere. The actual color of the candles also have a lot to do with the energy they will attract. In the past I have heard many people relate black candles to evil or dark magic. This is not at all true. Anything can be used for both a positive or negative result. Black is actually a good color of candle to burn to help get rid of negative energy or for a banishing. I have provided a list below of all the colors and their meanings. But first you should realize a few things on candle burning and how to get better results.

For starters you should never burn a candle with a negative intent. For example, do not burn a candle to get a certain person to fall in love with you. That is actually consider dark and you should try this instead. Try burning a red candle to attract the right person to you and if you are currently having a problem in a relationship you may want to put out an intent like "Please allow my relationship to go in the direction it needs to soon for the good of the two of us and the good of all." You can burn candles to help you with psychic work or to help someone through the healing process.

You can start off doing something that is pretty simple such as picking the appropriate color candle, lighting it and saying a little prayers. In most cases you should use a long taper candle or a smaller candle and unscented too. You want a candle that is going to burn out in a few hours. You could also go with the seven day novena candles. these are the tall candles in the glass that you see often in churches. When using the novena candles you are to let them burn for days until they burn out completely. Each day at a specific time you should repeat your prayer. It will help greatly if you use the creative visualization meditation that was in last months newsletter. You want to picture in your mind your intent happening and coming true.

Some people also believe in blessing their candles and even burning the candles on specific days of the week and during different phases of the moon. I certainly would pay attention to the moon phases when doing a candle prayer. If you are looking to gain something such as love, maybe a candle for a new job or career,you should do so during the waxing moon. That is the time from the new moon to the full moon. If you are trying to rid yourself of something, like a habit or illness, then you should do this during the waning moon. That is between the full moon and the new moon. I gave complete details of how you should bless your candles along with the proper oils and incense on my past radio show.

One other thing I would like to mention. The list below of the colors and their meanings is not only effective in candles, its also effective in the clothing you wear and the rooms you spend a lot of time in. At home I have a room we call the Angel room. Of course its name comes from the collection of Angels in the room. This is a place where I do my psychic work, meditation, prayer and so forth. We painted this room and the room in my office where I do readings purple and lavender. Shades of purple is a strong color to attract psychic energy and that was my exact intent when painting those rooms. You should never paint rooms in you home dark colors and should really avoid wearing all dark clothing. This can have a great effect on your moods and on how others people actually view or judge you. Bright cheery colors are best.

There are many books out there that teach more about burning candles and even books with prayers that go along with the candle burning. I have including a simple prayer below that I learned from a friend many years ago. You can simply change it around to fit your needs. When she gave me the prayer there were blank spaces that have to be filled in. I underlined the words where the blank spaces would have appeared. These are the words you can change to fit your intent. I thought this was a fascinating subject to share with you. Some of us never realized that candle prayers go back into ancient times and we still do it today, even on your birthday when you make a wish and blow out the candles. Good luck with you candle prayers and may this article inspire you to make a positive change in your life.


Prayer - As you light the candle repeat the following three times. allow the candle to burn out completely.

"In the name of the light, who is the lord of the universe. May the light and energy of this candle remove all fear, negativity and doubt and transmute to a powerful Healing force. May this candle attract Healing, positive energy to Mary Ellen Smith. For the highest good of all and for the good of the universe, so be it, so be it, so be it."

Candle Color Meanings

Yellow:
Intellect, wisdom and honor, action, inspiration and creativity, studying and intelligence, concentration, memory, logic, learning, attraction, confidence, Mental powers, intellect, inspiration, concentration, retention of memory, energy, cheerfulness, sunny disposition, changes, endurance, stability and security. Yellow strengthens the imagination and concentration in prayer and meditation. Is used in prayers in which the trust of a person is gained or in which one wants to convince someone, like a judge.

Red:

Energy, vitality, and strength, health, passion, sex, love, protection, fire, fertility, fast action, strength, potency, lust, blood, Physical love and passion, courage, warmth, energy, attraction, magnetism, desire, action, physical strength, power, willpower.

White:
The Balance of all colors: Spiritual enlightenment, cleansing, clairvoyance, healing, truth-seeking, purity, innocence, clarity and unity, Dawn, purification, peace, truth, protection, spirituality, General work, cleansing, repels negativity; use to bring peace, spiritual strength, truth, purity; heals emotions, and provides protection. Helps to attract spirit and angels.
Note: White can also be used in place of any other candle color.

Pink:
Devotion, love, tenderness and faith, friendship, romance, honor, spiritual healing, caring, affection, forming partnerships, peace, emotional healing, Universal love, purest form of love, love that is unconditional, spiritual love without sex connotation, raises vibrations, sensitivity, healing.
The color of femininity, Honor, Pleasantness – enhances joyful and lively conversation.

Gold:
Enlightenment, protection, success, wealth, money, masculinity, playfulness, luck, divination, victory. Enhances communication and attracts the power of cosmic influences; Useful in prayers which are designed to gain fortune or money

Lavender:
Mother consciousness, manifestation and selflessness, Spirituality, Psychic energy compassion, understanding, inspiration, make contact with Higher-Self, attract spiritual assistance from your Angels, very calming.

Blue:
I use blue often when doing healing work. Blue is a powerful color of healing and is often associated with business success. Communication, truth, peace, calm, loosing weight, wisdom, understanding, protection, harmony, inspiration, truth, patience, health and happiness, communication, loyalty, peaceful, cooling, contentment, idealism, harmony, devotion, meditation.

Orange:
Cleanses negative attitudes, situations and places, Happiness, business deals, attracting good things, success, career, goals, stimulation, attraction, power, luck, sudden changes, Warmth, energy building, enthusiasm, attracts success and prosperity, emotional healing, attracts friends, courage and ambition. Also good when trying to do work with your dreams, remembering your dreams and attempting Astral Projection.

Brown:
Earth, a balanced color. Prayers for material gain, eliminates indecisiveness, furthers powers of concentration, learning, telepathy. Expands financial success, finds lost items. Material prosperity, Home, friendships, balance, animal magic, earth magic, concentration and studying, wealth, success, intuition, psychic powers and ESP. Protecting pets, Said to help find lost items.

Purple:
Use with white candle to neutralize effects of karma and ego. Ancient wisdom, the third eye, psychic powers, meditation, spirituality, success, confidence, hidden knowledge, protection, divination, All forms of expansion, expands what you already have, spiritual protection, power, wisdom, healing, recognition, enhances psychic ability, Recognition in work, contact with spirit world and attracting Angelic Energy.

Rose:
Compassion for self and others, higher mystical powers, humor, Love, romance, opening the heart, forgiveness, compassion, healing, joy, creativity, endurance, strength, stability and security.

Peach:
restoration and rejuvenation

Violet:
Strength, Success, Idealism, psychic revelation; Ideal for rituals which are designed to secure Ambition, Independence and financial success or to establish contact with the other, spiritual world; Enhances Neptune energy.

Ivory:
(beige): neutrality, balance and harmlessness

Black:
Burning black with any other color dissolves negative energies! Protection, hex-breaking, reversing, banishing, destroying evil or negativity, binding, and repelling. Also used for healing very powerful illnesses.

Silver: (Light Grey)
Victory, Stability, Meditation, Developing
Psychic Ability, Removal of Negative Power, Repelling Destruction,
Cancellation, Neutrality, Stalemate.

Green: Used for attraction of all sorts. Money, luck, Wisdom, Earth and Earthly Beings. Good for Healing and for Healing Pets use along with a blue candle.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I hope that this post helps you in your life in many ways. I hope to inspire and hope that I have inspired you in some way and continue to inspire you in the future.
With Love & Light
Joseph

15 comments:

Zoon: Multiplying Wireless Hotspots said...

Doesn't white candle substitution of other colors of candle lower the intent & level of energy emitted into d universe? i.e. Using white in place of yellow candle in praying to d light for brainpower. Will the effect be the same?

Dorispinto1001 said...

Magical spells really work!! I never thought there were still honest, genuine, trustworthy and very powerful spell casters until i met the spiritual helper, MERUJA OWO. last week he did a love spell for me and it worked effectively and now he just casted another healing spell for my friend who has fibroid and family problem and now she is totally free and she is presently the happiest person on earth, she keeps thanking me all day..
I just thought it would be good to tell the whole world about his good work and how genuine he is, i wasn't thinking i could get any help because of my past experiences with other fake casters who could not bring my husband back to me and they all promised heaven and earth and all they are able to do is ask for more money all the time until i met with this man. he does all spells, Love spells, money spells, lottery spells e.t.c i wish i can save every one who is in those casters trap right now because i went though hell thinking and hoping they could help me.i recommend MERUJA OWO for any kind of help you want.
his email address is: nativedoctor101@live.com
if you want to ask me anything my e-mail is: dorispinto101@yahoo.com
Kind Regards,

Dorispinto1001 said...

Magical spells really work!! I never thought there were still honest, genuine, trustworthy and very powerful spell casters until i met the spiritual helper, MERUJA OWO. last week he did a love spell for me and it worked effectively and now he just casted another healing spell for my friend who has fibroid and family problem and now she is totally free and she is presently the happiest person on earth, she keeps thanking me all day..
I just thought it would be good to tell the whole world about his good work and how genuine he is, i wasn't thinking i could get any help because of my past experiences with other fake casters who could not bring my husband back to me and they all promised heaven and earth and all they are able to do is ask for more money all the time until i met with this man. he does all spells, Love spells, money spells, lottery spells e.t.c i wish i can save every one who is in those casters trap right now because i went though hell thinking and hoping they could help me.i recommend MERUJA OWO for any kind of help you want.
his email address is: nativedoctor101@live.com
if you want to ask me anything my e-mail is: dorispinto101@yahoo.com
Kind Regards,

Anonymous said...

Where are the colors

Anonymous said...

Can anyone direct me in the direction of someone who can help me interpret the meaning of the flickering candle I lit in memory of my dead mum and daughter on xmas day. I merely told them i loved them and asked my baby for forgiveness and asked my mother to protect her and enjoy her company until my soul one day re-unites with theirs. I then lit a candle and the flame was waving/flickering like crazy. The wick was sort of bent, and was flickering up and down much like a constant waving motion made byt the flame and wick...can anyone tell me where to go to find out the meaning of this? Thank you

Anonymous said...

I have been practicing this since before I really knew the difference between faith and magic. To me they've always been the same and they always will be. I've always found that white candles are the most effective to me. I always used them on instinct and then as I learned that this was an actual thing I tried using other colors for their intended purpose. I find the idea that the colors actually effect the power of the prayer or 'spell' ludicrous. The power behind it is entirely linked to your resolution and focus. If a certain color makes it easier to focus for you or has meaning for you then that is the color that you should use. In my mind the white is pure and helps me to keep my mind and intentions pure. I believe it attracts the right kind of energy. I also say a prayer before lighting any candle. I rub them in my hands transferring my thoughts and intentions into the wax until it is warm with my energy. A small disclaimer: This is not common practice and may not work for you, but it has always worked for me and I encourage you to give it a shot.

Jen said...

Ok, I have tried this candle thing a couple of times now and my luck is worse, not better. I have the worst luck in the world and often have been told Its like a black cloud follows me everywhere I go. Any thoughts?

Anonymous said...

Jen your thoughts become your reality. You have to believe your lucky and you are because God/the Universe is with you and wants you to be positive and expect good things and happiness in your life. It might not happen overnight for a shift in your thought patterns to occur, but it will. When ever a negative thought like I have a black cloud that follows me comes into your head or out your mouth, say in my world the sun always shines and angels follow me.

Anonymous said...

Hello can anyone help me, how many candles can I burn at once & do a prayer? Or is it just 1 candle at a time?

riggs said...

When ever I light my candle I get a reaction and I see the spirit with my eyes and it moves with my eyes. It comes from the candle flam and starts
Moving around. But still haven't got what I am praying for. What does that mean?

Adonomist said...

Thanks for the useful information. Your article is beneficial for us and those who are searching for Wedding Candles.

Anonymous said...

Hi I will try the white candle for the first time tonight and say that pray

Indigorains said...

Flickering indicates spirits are present

Indigorains said...

Jen you always need to spiritually clean yourself each time before doing a candle ritual also cleanse ya surroundings wipe walls trim doors floors with asolution made.from herbs and vinegar or ammonia in your house. The bathing part is not a soap bath ok take a reg bath then in clean tub put handful of seasalt table salt that you prayed psalm 23 over if you dont have sea salt. Is many herbs you can use essential oils minerals and such.start with taking bay leaf rosemary make a cup of tea donot use.metal strain pour into tub half full handfull of seasalt or blessed salt say.psalm 23 while in tub make sure you take a cup bowl and pour over head 3.6 or 9 x or submerse yur self do not use soap wipe downwards $ee strife negativity as.grey smoke.coming out of pores into water unplug drain water saving one cup air dry put on white if possible.or light xlothes.throw cup.water towards east at sunup.or down sun walk away.do not look back is many.naths this is simple thimgs in kitchen

Unknown said...

Always empty your mind and focus only on what you pray for, don't allow stray thoughts to interfere with your prayers.
God bless you.