The Spirit Shop

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Entering The Prison

Bob and I arrived at the prison at 4:30 PM, greeted by Jessica, one of the producers of Mysterious Journey's. She lead us through the steel gates and I was not at all as nervous as I had thought I would be. There again it was still daylight outside.

We hung around a little bit and met up with the rest of the filming crew and the team from Garden State Ghost Hunters Society. Bob and I wondered around the prison a bit taking a few pictures. Bob was able to capture a few pictures of orbs right away. You can see an orb in one of the doorways. I didn't think we would catch anything during the day.

After walking around a little I went on to do the on camera interview. It was basic questions about my expectations for the evening and so forth. At this point it felt like it was 95 degree's inside the prison. We talked with the ghost hunter a while and at about 8 PM we toke a dinner break.

We went back into the prison at about 9:30 and at this point it was pitch black inside. The darkness along with the old musty structure made it a little creepy. Even if there were no spirits in there, which there are plenty, anyone could be spooked. The ghost hunters set up their equipment and by 11 PM we went into cell block #4.

Out of nowhere comes a heck of a thunder storm. We could barely hear each other speak. I knew nothing about the details of the prison or about cell block 4. I had an overcoming feeling of nervousness as if someone was sending me to the electric chair. It was weird to say the least. I called out to the spirits to talk to me. I received some dates, names and other information that the crew will research.

There were several things caught on film by the ghost hunters. I hope to see the footage this evening when I go back in. We had many responses from spirit. A rock was thrown at the tape recorder that was sitting on the floor recording. The rock managed to turn the recorder off. I also had a response from a spirit in one of the cells. I asked him to bang on something and he continued to rap on the bed post.

We took another break and went into another cell block at 1AM. I received more information here including names and the number 742 was shouted at me. I noticed a tag on one of the cells number 7-13. This told me I was in the right area of number 742 and it must have been a spirit communicating with me their cell number. We didn't make it all the way down to 742. I will be looking for that tonight.

There are other things that you will have to see when the show airs this fall. I was told it would air in October or November. I will keep everyone up-dated with the air date. We will go back in tonight, this time spending more time exploring. There was quite a bit of time setting up last night and doing on camera interviews. Tonight we will be doing more ghost hunting footage. Clicking on the pictures will enlarge them enough to see some orbs in a few.

You never know what to expect until you come face to face with it.

No comments: