The Spirit Shop

Thursday, July 5, 2007

My New Book

Messages From The Other Side is the title of my soon to be released book. Many people have e-mailed us and have been asking when the book will be released. Well that really is a good question and I honestly do not have an exact date. The process of writing the book itself had taken years for me. I would not have imagined that it would take this long to get the book into print.
Earlier this year I decided to go with self publishing. The reason that I had come to this decision was mainly because I wanted to get the book out as soon as possible. To get a book published by a major publishing company you must first find a literary agent. The agent acts as a representative of you and your book. Their job is to sell the book and get the author a contract with a major publishing company. This process can take several years. You must come up with a large well written proposal to send out to literary agents. Then you sit back and hope that one decides to represent you. This is one process I did not want to go through first.

There were many things that came up and slowed down the process with my book. The first was getting good testimonials to place on the back cover of my book. I had asked another well known author to write a testimonial for me and they agreed. Months passed and I never did receive their testimonial. The next hold up was setting up a photo shoot so that I would have a recent picture for the back of the cover.

The current hold up with the release of my book is the cover. Graphic designers had given me several proofs that I was not happy with at all. t seems to take them a while to get back to me with a new design. I believe that once the cover is approved the book will go on its way to print. Once it goes to print it will be available for purchase in two to three week. If I do not approve the next design the release will most likely go to August or early September. September will hopefully be the latest release date.

At this point you may be wondering where you will be able to purchase the book and will there be a book signing. Actually I'm excited that Messages From The Other Side will be available at the following on line stores.
Amazon.com, Alibris.com, Abebooks.com, Borders.com and Target.com. Messages From The Other Side will first be available on my web site when released. Once the book goes into print I will be setting up book signings in stores such as borders books. You may also ask your favorite book store to order the book for you.

I will send out an e-mail as soon as I have a release date.

There Is A Message Wating For You.

No comments: